Some courses may allow guest access
Is this your first time here?
This is Cardiff Metropolitan University's external virtual learning site called MetConnect. In this site you will find pre-arrival / pre-enrolment modules for many programmes, a number of non-elective modules, materials for Post Graduates, and other educational programmes provided and maintained by Cardiff Met.
If you have been sent a Username and Password previously please use them to access the site. If you experience any difficulties with your Username (“ST1234567”) and Password contact the Cardiff Met IT Help desk at ITHelpdesk@cardiffmet.ac.uk (or click here) or phone +44 2920 41 7000 (office hours), stating the issue, that it was with the MetConnect site, your Username, and your preferred email address for communication. We understand in your enthusiasm to learn more about you programme you may be tempted to create a new account before receiving your password. If you do, it will not be associated with the learning materials for your programme of study. If you have created an account with your official Username and your email address we need you to contact the IT Help Desk as soon as possible, as this may cause a delay in your MetConnect registration.
If you are a Post Graduate student looking for Career support and advice from our Alumni office use your Cardiff Met Username and last Password (your account will be valid for at least one year after graduation). You may have been sent a special password for MetConnect around graduation time.
If you are interested in a range of free courses available on this site you need to take a minute to create a new account for yourself (Self-Enrolment ). Some of the courses may also have a one-time "enrolment key", which will be sent to you later (Guest access with enrolment key).
Initially use the Guest access to MetConnect to find a course, then follow the steps below:
- Fill out the New Account form with your details.
- An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
- Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
- Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
- They may be a delay in issuing access (“enrolment key”) to some modules but for now select the course you want to participate in.
- If you are prompted for an "enrolment key" - use the one that your teacher has given you. This will "enrol" you in the course.
- You can now access the full course. From now on you will only need to enter your personal Username and Password (in the form on this page) to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.